The position of Front Desk Helper serves as a volunteer clerical assistant for Women’s Birth and Wellness Center (WBWC), supporting the organization’s mission of providing women of diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds with comprehensive primary, maternity and lactation healthcare throughout the life cycle. The Front Desk Helper serves as a valued team member who participates in completing daily task that help WBWC provide a positive, professional yet personal experience for the client throughout their visit to the center.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a neat and pleasant entry and waiting room area.
- Maintain lending library and calls to remind clients to return books.
- Clean toys located in the lobby weekly.
- Assist the front desk and providers with entertaining young children and holding babies while moms are in their appointments.
- Complete reminder calls/emails at least one day prior to scheduled appointment or tour.
- Manage and maintain medical record room, keep records filed properly and all forms available that are needed for the medical record.
- Set up meeting space for all informational tours and family support groups.
- Pull records and papers for next day’s appointments.
- Accurately update the database with patient information.
- Fax all documents in the fax basket as soon as possible, daily.
- Handle all calls in a courteous and professional manner.
- Take thorough messages, screen calls as requested and see that staff are informed of messages in a timely manner.
- Keep an adequate supply of new OB and new GYN records.
- Breakdown old charts and send patient records to Starpoint as needed.
- Pull records for faxes and give charts to the providers for review in a timely manner.
- Complete additional data entry task as needed.
Length of Appointment:The Front Desk Helper is assigned to one day per week for a period of three months. After three months, the Front Desk Helper may be reappointed for another three months at the discretion of the supervisor. After six months, the person who is serving as Front Desk Helper may rotate to another position within the agency.
Time Commitment:One day per week (Monday - Friday) for three hours (9a-12p and 1-4p.), for a minimum of three months.
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Problem Solving
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A minimum of 3 months
- Business Casual Dress code, pleasant manner, patience, and a positive attitude