Young and older artists create special Ruff House Rescue posters to hang around town featuring photos of our adoptable pups with the artist's individual flare in the poster. This could include drawings, paintings, design work and logo of RHR. Make it unique!! You can find our current adoptable puppies on RHR's Facebook page, Petfinder or our website. Read below for Steps.Make sure to click on [+] READ MORE button below to read more information on this opportunity! See below for Steps to follow. -
STEPS:1. Include dogs/cats on pages 3, 4, 5, and 6 of Petfinder. These are the dogs who have been with Ruff House Rescue the longest. See link below. 2. Include RHR information in your poster so people can contact us about the pet!
- Website: www.ruffhouserescue.org - Facebook: Ruff House Rescue (NY) - E-mail: RuffHouseRescue@gmail.com - Phone: (516) 462-9454 3. Photo(s) of the pet in your uniquely made poster along with the pet's name(s). See Petfinder for a photo of the pet. 4. Hang in various venues throughout your area. Please get their consent first.
https://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?shelterid=NY936 5. Need ideas? Go to our website (www.ruffhouserescue.org) --- click on "Volunteer" tab and scroll towards the bottom of the page you can see some of the posters some of our younger volunteers made!
- UNDER AGE REQUIREMENT: Check out our "Junior Volunteer" positions
- COMMUNITY HOURS: Letter ONLY provided for some In-person Opportunities BUT if you do a "drive" for Kennel Supplies, Pennies for RHR Fundraiser or a Garage/Tag Sale at your school/church/community center you could have someone LOCAL be a Coordinator of your hours. Also see the "EXERCISE + RESQWALK" or "EXERCISE + WOOFTRAX" (Exercise and record your miles for free $$) opportunities too! It records your time and miles exercised.
- MORE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: ** PLEASE CLICK ON THE BLUE "Ruff House Rescue (RHR)" LINK (located on the upper, left-hand side of the page ABOVE the red "I want to help!" button). ** Once a new page opens click on the volunteer listing you are interested in learning more about.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES WITH RHR:
(Copy and paste the above link into your web browser or Click on the blue "Ruff House Rescue RHR" link located on the upper, left hand corner of the screen). Look below for even more positions posted on Our website too!
- Dog Walkers [or] Kennel Cleaners -- 3 hrs/week! (Freeport, NY)
- Adoption Counselors, Post-Adoption Counselors [or] Foster Coordinators (Virtual) -- HOLD
- Unique Volunteer Positions (Virtual & In-person)
- E-mail Assistant [or] Social Media Blogger (Virtual) -- HOLD
- Exercise + ResQWalk (Virtual Opp)
- Face Book "Likes" -- Promote our Face Book page (Virtual Opportunity)
- Foster-to-Adopt [or] Foster Dogs/Puppies ** Urgent** (Freeport, NY)
- Garage/Tag Sale [or] Tupperware, PartyLite Hosting (Virtual Opportunity)
- Grant Researcher/Writer [or] Fundraising Scout (Virtual) -- HOLD
- Internet Surfing --- 3 Ways to Help Out (Virtual Opportunity)
- Junior Volunteers -- Virtual Opportunities (and In-person too)!
- Transport Our Pets (Near Freeport, NY) -- HOLD
- Owner Surrender Coordinator (Virtual) -- HOLD
- Pennies for RHR Fundraiser -- Easy, Any Age/Group (Virtual Opp)
- Photographers & Videographers (In-person)
- Post Flyers [or] Install/Collect Donation Boxes (Long Island, NY)-- HOLD
- RHR Store Assistant (Long Island)
- Shoppers Get Your Coupons & "Shop-On" (Internet/Virtual Opportunity)
- Supplies for Rescue's Kennel (Virtual and In-person Opportunity)
- Exercise + Wooftrax (Virtual)
- Wear Jeans for A Day (Virtual)
***********************************************************************Our mission is to rescue homeless pets that suffer from abuse, neglect, and indifference. Our goal is to create awareness of the epidemic of homeless pets and educate on the importance of spaying and neutering, ID tagging, and training these pets. Through our rescue efforts we are both saving lives and cultivating the natural connection between man and his best friend.
DOGS/CATS FOR ADOPTION OR FOSTER:
https://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?shelterid=NY936THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT OUR VOLUNTEER POST AT RHR!
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- * If under 18 please get permission from guardian/parent
- U-R-G-E-N-T!!! Dog Walkers [or]...
- Store Assistant or Clerk at...
- Foster-to-Adopt |or| Foster Dogs...
- Junior Volunteers --- In-person...
- Donations for Thrifty Pawz...
- Internet Surfing --- 3 Ways to...
- Supplies --- Collect them for...
- Create Masterpieces for RHR's...
- Petco Adoption Events
- FREE VET ADVICE! Exercise +...
- Poster Campaign!! Short Term
- Junior Volunteers -- Virtual...
- Pennies for RHR Fundraiser --...
- Garage|Tag Sale |or| Tupperware,...
- Wear Jeans for A Day!! Short Term
- Photographers |or| Videographers...
- Get Your Coupons & Shop...
- Dog Treats | Baked Goods Sales...
- Kitty Help at Petco
- Exercise + ResQWalk a free...