Volunteers of all ages make home-made doggy or kitty treats or even 2-legged treats such as cookies, muffins or candy to sell locally or at Ruff House Rescue's Events! With all sales going to our Rescue!
- Measure and mix ingredients to produce bakery products including pet treats, bread, muffins, cookies, pastries, and etc.
- Manage the baking environment by maintaining quality presentation and monitor oven temperature and baking times.
- Visually merchandise and display all products.
- Demonstrate hospitality, respect and a friendly attitude towards guests.
Length of term:
There is no minimum amount of time required, only what you are able to volunteer.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong work ethics
- Baking/cooking skills
- Ability to interact with people with a friendly attitude
- Passion for quality, safety and sanitation
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Transactions -- Collect money and make change
Your Own Venue (school, library, church or other local places):
If you are interested in selling baked items (dog treats or human treats) at your own venue, please do so and just let us know via RHR's e-mail address.
- Send us pictures of your baked items/event
- Mail donations: Ruff House Rescue, PO Box 365, Oceanside, NY 11570
- Our e-mail: RuffHouseRescue@gmail.com
Ruff House Rescue Event:
If you are interested in selling your baked items at a RHR event (near Freeport, NY) you must be at least 18 years old. Our events are usually on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Please complete our Volunteer Application (takes less than 2 minutes) on our website -- click on the blue "Ruff House Rescue" link in the upper left hand corner to get our website address.
- Please click on the red button "I want to help!" on the upper left hand corner of the page and
- Include in your comments:
- Total # of Hours you can volunteer -- when you would like to volunteer
- If you are at least 18 years old
- Yes/No if you completed our on-line application
- Any questions
- RHR’s website - In the upper left hand corner of this page click on the blue "Ruff House Rescue" link. Click on the "More Information" tab and the website address is located to the right under "Website".
UNDER AGE REQUIREMENT:
See our "Junior Volunteer" positions
Letter ONLY provided for some In-person Opportunities BUT if you do a "drive" for Kennel Supplies, Start a "RHR Dog Rescue Club" and help our mission (with Baked Goods Sales, Monies/Pennies for RHR Fundraiser, or Wear Jeans or PJs for A Day) or a Garage |Tag Sale at your school | church |community center you could have someone LOCAL be a Coordinator of your hours. Also see the "Exercise + ResQWalk" or "Exercise + Wooftrax" volunteer opportunities where your time and distance exercised is recorded on the cell phone application.
MORE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
PLEASE click on the BLUE "Ruff House Rescue (RHR)" link (located on the upper, left-hand side of the page ABOVE the RED "I want to help!" button). Click on "Volunteer Opportunities" tab.
Our mission is to rescue homeless pets that suffer from abuse, neglect, and indifference. Our goal is to create awareness of the epidemic of homeless pets and educate on the importance of spaying and neutering, ID tagging, and training these pets. Through our rescue efforts we are both saving lives and cultivating the natural connection between man and his best friend.
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT OUR VOLUNTEER POST AT RHR!
- Cooking / Catering
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Retail / Sales
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- * For Ruff House Rescue Events you must be at least 18 years old.
- Clerical/Admin needed for Social...
- U-R-G-E-N-T!!! Dog Walkers [or]...
- Store Assistant or Clerk at...
- Transportation for Our Pups --...
- Foster a Dog or Puppy |or|...
- Internet Surfing --- 3 Ways to...
- Supplies --- Collect them for...
- In person & Virtual Junior...
- Petco Adoption Events
- Exercise + Wooftrax a free...
- Virtual Junior Volunteer Positions
- Pennies for RHR Fundraiser --...
- Garage|Tag Sale |or| Tupperware,...
- Wear Jeans for A Day!! Short Term
- Photographers |or| Videographers...
- Dog Treats | Baked Goods Sales...
- Kitty Help at Petco
- Exercise + ResQWalk a free...
- Marketing | PR | Fundraising...