Volunteers of all ages make home-made doggy or kitty treats or even 2-legged treats such as cookies, muffins or candy to sell locally or at Ruff House Rescue's Events! With all sales going to our Rescue!
- Knowledge of baking and packaging of baked goods
Length of term:
There is no minimum amount of time required, only what you are able to volunteer.
- Strong work ethics
- Baking/cooking skills
- Ability to interact with people
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Transactions -- Collect money and make change
Your Own Venue:
If you are interested in selling baked items (dog treats or human treats) at your own venue, please do so and just let us know via RHR's e-mail address. Venues can be at your school, library, church, or other local places.
- Send us pictures of your baked items/event
- Mail donations: Ruff House Rescue, PO Box 365, Oceanside, NY 11570
- Our e-mail is RuffHouseRescue@gmail.com
Ruff House Rescue Event:
If you are interested in selling your baked items at a RHR event (near Freeport, NY) you must be at least 21 years old. Our events are usually on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Please complete our Volunteer Application (takes less than 2 minutes) on our website -- click on the blue "Ruff House Rescue" link in the upper left hand corner to get our website address.
- Please click on the red button "I want to help!" on the upper left hand corner of the page and
- Include in your comments:
- Total # of Hours you can volunteer per week
- If you are at least 21 years old
- Yes/No if you completed our on-line application
- Any questions
MORE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
PLEASE CLICK ON THE BLUE "Ruff House Rescue (RHR)" LINK (located on the upper, left-hand side of the page ABOVE the red "I want to help!" button). Click on "Volunteer Opportunities" tab.
OTHER INFORMATION:COMMUNITY HOURS: Letter ONLY provided for some In-person Opportunities BUT if you do a "drive" for Kennel Supplies, Pennies for RHR Fundraiser or a Garage/Tag Sale at your school/church/community center you could have someone LOCAL be a Coordinator of your hours. Also see the "EXERCISE + RESQWALK" or "EXERCISE + WOOFTRAX" (Exercise and record your miles for free $$) opportunities too! It records your time and miles exercised.
Our mission is to rescue homeless pets that suffer from abuse, neglect, and indifference. Our goal is to create awareness of the epidemic of homeless pets and educate on the importance of spaying and neutering, ID tagging, and training these pets. Through our rescue efforts we are both saving lives and cultivating the natural connection between man and his best friend.
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT OUR VOLUNTEER POST AT RHR!
- Cooking / Catering
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Retail / Sales
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- * For Ruff House Rescue Events you must be at least 21 years old.
- U-R-G-E-N-T!!! Dog Walkers [or]...
- Store Assistant or Clerk at...
- Transportation for Our Pups --...
- Grant Research/Writer Team --...
- Foster-to-Adopt |or| Foster Dogs...
- Internet Surfing --- 3 Ways to...
- Supplies --- Collect them for...
- Petco Adoption Events
- Exercise + Wooftrax a free...
- Virtual Junior Volunteer Positions
- Pennies for RHR Fundraiser --...
- Garage|Tag Sale |or| Tupperware,...
- Wear Jeans for A Day!! Short Term
- Photographers |or| Videographers...
- Dog Treats | Baked Goods Sales...
- Kitty Help at Petco
- Exercise + ResQWalk a free...
- Marketing | PR | Fundraising...