Our Pet Peace of Mind volunteers help keep our patient's and their pet(s) together for as long as possible, while the patient is under our care. PPOM volunteers assist in activities such as pet walking, grooming, veterinary appointments, and aid in providing resources to the patient if separation from their beloved pet(s) is inevitable. This is a great opportunity for those that have a limited amount of time to volunteer within the community, but are dedicated to giving back.
In order to ensure the highest quality of care for our patients and their families, we adhere to state and federal regulations that mandate special requirements for all hospice volunteers. As a Cornerstone Hospice & Palliative Care volunteer you are required to complete the following:
A volunteer application with provided references, an in-person interview, and a volunteer service placement meeting.
Ability to successfully pass a Level II Background Check at no cost to you.
A two-step tuberculosis screening at no cost to you, and only required for volunteers that are directly serving patients and their families.
A viable commitment to volunteer within Cornerstone Hospice & Palliative Care for at least one year.
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Crisis Intervention
- People Skills
- Animal Care / Handling
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Needed Veteran Volunteers to...
- Bereavement Volunteer...
- Veterans caring for Veterans
- Share your Love for Sewing
- Become a Life Enrichment Volunteer
- Bereavement Call Volunteer Needed
- Baby Boomer Volunteers Wanted
- Looking for volunteers to do...
- Pet Therapy/Companionship
- Pet Therapy Volunteer
- Would you like to give back by...
- We need you and your Fur Baby!
- Baby Boomers Needed in Osceola...
- Veterans Helping Veterans
- Do you love animals? Do you love...
- Massage Therapy, Art Therapy,...
- In Home Patient Companion...
- Cornerstone Hospice Musical...
- Volunteer Needed to Help Stock...
- Share your Skills as a Massage...