Being a volunteer at Ruff House Rescue is very rewarding and simple. And we wouldn't be able to do rescue/adoptions without the help and support of willing volunteers like you!! At the event we will let you know what help is needed at the time -- taking the dog for a quick bathroom break or walk, getting water for water bowls, or something else.
Make sure to click on [+] READ MORE button below to read more information on this opportunity!
If you are assisting the members from RHR you might be assigned a dog, we give you info on that dog's bio, and then you help show the dog off to any potential adopters. Don't worry the only thing you need to do is smile while the dog does all the wagging and cuddling and being his/her adorable self. The minimum age is 21 years old. Events are usually on Saturdays and Sundays. Approximately noon until 5 pm.
Other tasks: If you help with transport you must have a valid driver's license. This is located at various Petco's on Long Island!! The minimum age is 21 years old.
You will be the first point of contact to Ruff House Rescue and potential adopters. You will help provide an overall positive experience and a welcoming environment.
Length of term:
4-6 hour requirement on a Saturday and/or Sunday.
Must be 21 years of age or older
Customer Service skills
Knowledge of handling dogs
Step 1: Please complete our Volunteer Application (takes less than 2 minutes) on our website -- click on the blue "Ruff House Rescue" link in the upper left hand corner to get our website address.
Step 2: Please contact RHR by clicking on the red button "I want to help!" on the upper left hand corner of the page and Include in the comments:
- If you completed the on-line Volunteer Application.
- Your question(s) and comments.
- Include the date(s) you can volunteer.
- Volunteer Opportunity -- Transport or walking/showing dogs? If transporting dogs, do you have a valid driver's license?
- If anyone will be volunteering with you (name and age).
- RHR’s website - In the upper left hand corner of this page click on the blue "Ruff House Rescue" link. Click on the "More Information" tab and the website address is located to the right under "Website".
UNDER AGE REQUIREMENT:
See our "Junior Volunteer" positions
Letter ONLY provided for some In-person Opportunities BUT if you do a "drive" for Kennel Supplies, Start a "RHR Dog Rescue Club" and help our mission (with Baked Goods Sales, Monies/Pennies for RHR Fundraiser, or Wear Jeans or PJs for A Day) or a Garage |Tag Sale at your school | church |community center you could have someone LOCAL be a Coordinator of your hours. Also see the "Exercise + ResQWalk" or "Exercise + Wooftrax" volunteer opportunities where your time and distance exercised is recorded on the cell phone application.
MORE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
PLEASE click on the BLUE "Ruff House Rescue (RHR)" link (located on the upper, left-hand side of the page ABOVE the RED "I want to help!" button). Click on "Volunteer Opportunities" tab.
Our mission is to rescue homeless pets that suffer from abuse, neglect, and indifference. Our goal is to create awareness of the epidemic of homeless pets and educate on the importance of spaying and neutering, ID tagging, and training these pets. Through our rescue efforts we are both saving lives and cultivating the natural connection between man and his best friend.
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT OUR VOLUNTEER POST AT RHR!
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Clerical/Admin needed for Social...
- U-R-G-E-N-T!!! Dog Walkers [or]...
- Store Assistant or Clerk at...
- Transportation for Our Pups --...
- Foster a Dog or Puppy |or|...
- Internet Surfing --- 3 Ways to...
- Supplies --- Collect them for...
- In person & Virtual Junior...
- Petco Adoption Events
- Exercise + Wooftrax a free...
- Virtual Junior Volunteer Positions
- Pennies for RHR Fundraiser --...
- Garage|Tag Sale |or| Tupperware,...
- Wear Jeans for A Day!! Short Term
- Photographers |or| Videographers...
- Dog Treats | Baked Goods Sales...
- Kitty Help at Petco
- Exercise + ResQWalk a free...
- Marketing | PR | Fundraising...