Help with showing our dogs to potential adopters, walking the dogs, helping with the set up and/or transport (for transport must have a valid driver's license and vehicle). This is located at various Petco's on Long Island!! Great for families, high school, or middle school students. If under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult. The minimum age is 12 years old. Events are usually on Saturdays and Sundays. Approximately noon until 6 pm.
Make sure to click on [+] READ MORE button below to read more information on this opportunity!
Step 1: Please complete our Volunteer Application (takes less than 2 minutes) on our website -- click on the blue "Ruff House Rescue" link in the upper left hand corner to get our website address.
Step 2: Please contact RHR by clicking on the red button "I want to help!" on the upper left hand corner of the page and Include in the comments:
- If you completed the on-line Volunteer Application.
- Your question(s) and comments.
- Include the date(s) you can volunteer.
- Volunteer Opportunity -- Transport or walking/showing dogs? If transporting dogs, do you have a valid driver's license?
- If anyone will be volunteering with you (name and age). Must be at least 12 years old and be able to handle dogs of varying size and strength.
- UNDER AGE REQUIREMENT: Check out our "Junior Volunteer" positions
- COMMUNITY HOURS: YES Letter provided! Also other In-person Opportunities too BUT if you are remote and do a "drive" for Kennel Supplies, Pennies for RHR Fundraiser or a Garage/Tag Sale at your school/church/community center you could have someone LOCAL be a Coordinator of your hours. Also see the "EXERCISE + RESQWALK" or "EXERCISE + WOOFTRAX" (Exercise and record your miles for free $$) opportunities too! It records your time and miles exercised.
- MORE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: PLEASE CLICK ON THE BLUE "Ruff House Rescue (RHR)" LINK (located on the upper, left-hand side of the page ABOVE the red "I want to help!" button). Click on "Volunteer Opportunities" tab.
Our mission is to rescue homeless pets that suffer from abuse, neglect, and indifference. Our goal is to create awareness of the epidemic of homeless pets and educate on the importance of spaying and neutering, ID tagging, and training these pets. Through our rescue efforts we are both saving lives and cultivating the natural connection between man and his best friend.
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT OUR VOLUNTEER POST AT RHR!
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
- Truck Driving
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 12
- Generally we will allow 12-17 years old but you must be accompanied by an adult.
- U-R-G-E-N-T!!! Dog Walkers [or]...
- Store Assistant or Clerk at...
- Foster-to-Adopt |or| Foster Dogs...
- Junior Volunteers --- In-person...
- Internet Surfing --- 3 Ways to...
- Supplies --- Collect them for...
- Petco Adoption Events
- FREE VET ADVICE! Exercise +...
- Virtual Junior Volunteer Positions
- Pennies for RHR Fundraiser --...
- Garage|Tag Sale |or| Tupperware,...
- Wear Jeans for A Day!! Short Term
- Photographers |or| Videographers...
- Dog Treats | Baked Goods Sales...
- Kitty Help at Petco
- Exercise + ResQWalk a free...