Are you passionate about finding forever homes for homeless and abused cats and dogs? If under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult! Events are usually on Saturdays and Sundays. Approximately noon until 6 pm.
Help with transport (must have a valid driver's license and vehicle) and/or walking and showing our dogs to potential adopters at Petco Adoption Events!! Great for families, high school, or middle school students.
Make sure to click on [+] READ MORE button below to read more information on this opportunity!
Step 1: Please complete our Volunteer Application (takes less than 5 minutes) on our website -- Step 1: Go to www.ruffhouserescue.org, Step 2: Go to the "Volunteer" tab, and Step 3: Click on "Volunteer Application"
Step 2: Please contact RHR by clicking on the red button "I want to help!" on the upper left hand corner of the page and Include in the comments:
- If you completed the on-line Volunteer Application.
- Your question(s)
- Include the date(s) you can volunteer.
- Volunteer Opportunity -- Transport or walking/showing dogs? If transporting dogs, do you have a valid driver's license.
- If anyone will be volunteering with you (name and age). Must be at least 13 years old and be able to handle dogs of varying size and strength.
- UNDER AGE REQUIREMENT: Check out our "Junior Volunteer" positions
- COMMUNITY HOURS: Letter ONLY provided for some In-person Opportunities BUT if you do a "drive" for Kennel Supplies, Pennies for RHR Fundraiser or a Garage/Tag Sale at your school/church/community center you could have someone LOCAL be a Coordinator of your hours. Also see the "EXERCISE + RESQWALK" or "EXERCISE + WOOFTRAX" (Exercise and record your miles for free $$) opportunities too! It records your time and miles exercised.
- MORE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: ** PLEASE CLICK ON THE BLUE "Ruff House Rescue (RHR)" LINK (located on the upper, left-hand side of the page ABOVE the red "I want to help!" button). ** Once a new page opens click on the volunteer listing you are interested in learning more about.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES WITH RHR:
(Copy and paste the above link into your web browser or Click on the blue "Ruff House Rescue RHR" link located on the upper, left hand corner of the screen). Look below for even more positions posted on Our website too!
- Dog Walkers [or] Kennel Cleaners -- 3 hrs/week! (Freeport, NY)
- Adoption Counselors, Post-Adoption Counselors [or] Foster Coordinators (Virtual) -- HOLD
- Unique Volunteer Positions (Virtual & In-person)
- E-mail Assistant [or] Social Media Blogger (Virtual) -- HOLD
- Exercise + ResQWalk (Virtual Opp)
- Face Book "Likes" -- Promote our Face Book page (Virtual Opportunity)
- Foster-to-Adopt [or] Foster Dogs/Puppies ** Urgent** (Freeport, NY)
- Garage/Tag Sale [or] Tupperware, PartyLite Hosting (Virtual Opportunity)
- Grant Researcher/Writer [or] Fundraising Scout (Virtual) -- HOLD
- Internet Surfing --- 3 Ways to Help Out (Virtual Opportunity)
- Junior Volunteers -- Virtual Opportunities (and In-person too)!
- Transport Our Pets (Near Freeport, NY) -- HOLD
- Owner Surrender Coordinator (Virtual) -- HOLD
- Pennies for RHR Fundraiser -- Easy, Any Age/Group (Virtual Opp)
- Photographers & Videographers (In-person)
- Post Flyers [or] Install/Collect Donation Boxes (Long Island, NY)-- HOLD
- RHR Store Assistant (Long Island)
- Shoppers Get Your Coupons & "Shop-On" (Internet/Virtual Opportunity)
- Supplies for Rescue's Kennel (Virtual and In-person Opportunity)
- Exercise + Wooftrax (Virtual)
- Wear Jeans for A Day (Virtual)
***********************************************************************Our mission is to rescue homeless pets that suffer from abuse, neglect, and indifference. Our goal is to create awareness of the epidemic of homeless pets and educate on the importance of spaying and neutering, ID tagging, and training these pets. Through our rescue efforts we are both saving lives and cultivating the natural connection between man and his best friend.
DOGS/CATS FOR ADOPTION OR FOSTER:
https://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?shelterid=NY936THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT OUR VOLUNTEER POST AT RHR!
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 13
- * If under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult
- U-R-G-E-N-T!!! Dog Walkers [or]...
- Store Assistant or Clerk at...
- Foster-to-Adopt |or| Foster Dogs...
- Junior Volunteers --- In-person...
- Donations for Thrifty Pawz...
- Internet Surfing --- 3 Ways to...
- Supplies --- Collect them for...
- Create Masterpieces for RHR's...
- Petco Adoption Events
- FREE VET ADVICE! Exercise +...
- Poster Campaign
- Junior Volunteers -- Virtual...
- Pennies for RHR Fundraiser --...
- Garage|Tag Sale |or| Tupperware,...
- Wear Jeans for A Day
- Photographers |or| Videographers...
- Kitty Help at Petco
- Get Your Coupons & Shop...
- Exercise + ResQWalk a free...
- Unique Volunteer Positions...