CMMB is an international NGO providing long-term, co-operative medical and development aid to communities affected by poverty and unequal access to healthcare. For over a century, CMMB has worked to strengthen and support communities through healthcare programs and initiatives, the distribution of medicines and medical supplies, and the placement of volunteers.
CMMB’s Volunteer Program addresses the critical need for professionals in areas that lack sufficient resources for quality preventive and curative health services, especially for women and children. Our Volunteer Program has placed thousands of practitioners around the world to help develop and implement community health interventions, work at local hospitals and health facilities, conduct clinical training for host country counterparts, and deliver essential medicines and supplies. The ultimate goal of CMMB's Volunteer Program is to support our country teams and local healthcare workers by sending volunteers that are dedicated to strengthening local health systems and supporting a pattern of sustainable development.
We believe in a world in which health and human dignity are shared by all.
We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right. For more than 100 years, we have worked with global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children, and their communities. We’re ready to make it 100 more.
We believe change starts with her.
We work tirelessly for women’s and children’s health because they are disproportionately affected by illness and poverty. We know that healthy, educated, and empowered women are better able to raise healthy, educated, and confident children, and that communities depend on their livelihoods.
We believe in people.
We strive to live out our core values of collaboration, love, excellence, and respect every day. We provide our volunteers with a meaningful volunteer package, and the opportunities to learn, grow, and leave a longstanding legacy. We especially encourage all persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
In 2015, CMMB:
- Volunteers dedicated 101,353 hours valued at almost $4.9 million
- Assisted 43,969 pregnant women
- Provided health services to 447,566 people
- Trained 4,734 health workers (1,400 were trained by volunteers)
- Provided critical health services to 91,013 children
Delivered medicines & medical supplies valued at $266 million
About the Position
The Human Resources department is responsible for building and leading the people functions of CMMB, including that of employees, volunteers, and interns, as well as strategies, policies, practices and systems that result in a high performing, engaged, and resilient workforce and culture that retains close alignment to CMMB’s global strategy.
The volunteer will work as an HR generalist or coordinator to help our HR director with the day to day/operational work (e.g. setting interviews, entering staff in the system).
- Someone ideally with at least 3+ years HR generalist (first preference) or HR coordinator (secondary preference) experience and has graduated from an HR degree.
- If no experience, candidates who have or are studying HR at a University would also be valuable
- Proficient at excel, powerpoint and word - as well as being a fast learner.
- Does not mind paperwork, mundane tasks.
Apply online at www.cmmb.org/volunteer
Email: email@example.com Phone: 212-242-7757
For more information about CMMB, visit www.cmmb.org
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Human Resources Assistance
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- 3, 6, or 12 months
- Accounting and Finance Officer
- Volunteer with CMMB in Haiti!
- Administrative Support to...
- Volunteer with CMMB in Peru!
- Volunteer with CMMB in Zambia!
- Marketing and Communications...
- Hospitality Services Manager
- Global Health Volunteer Intern...
- Volunteer with CMMB in South...
- Global Health Volunteer (Various...
- Human Resources Internship at CMMB
- Volunteer with CMMB in Kenya!