The Brazilian Women’s Group’s Mission is to promote the empowerment of Brazilian women and the Brazilian community in the Boston area.Description
The Brazilian Women's' Group was founded in 1995 in Allston, MA, by a group of Brazilian immigrant women of various backgrounds and occupations.The women hoped to encourage members in their communities, particularly other women, to stand up for their rights in the United States.
Accessible by bus route 66, 57 and the Warren T Stop on the B Line via the Green Line.
Here are some of the volunteer opportunities: We are open to discuss these and other ideas.
- organize the Brazilian community
- organize the Brazilian community to know their rights
- organize and train workers
- organize fund raising event(s)
- work closely to the BWG workers' rights organizer to establish and strengthen the workers' committee organize the BWG database
- office help (answer phone, talk to walk-ins, make calls, etc)
- follow up on referrals
- Data Entry
- Office Reception
- Program Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- All applicants are welcome. Portuguese speakers are encouraged to apply.