The Support Group Specialist will report directly to the Direct Care Manager and will work collaboratively with all of The Cupcake Girls departments. Specifically, this specialist is responsible for scheduling and facilitating weekly client support groups. S/he is an integral part of the Direct Care team, providing a valuable resource to clients for growth.
1. Schedule support groups for the year, utilizing Podio and ensuring that holidays and events are considered.
2. Schedule support groups team members to facilitate and confirm their dates.
3. Confirm client attendance with the Direct Care Manager two hours before groups begin.
4. Keep accurate notes in Evernote at all times.
5. Connect weekly with the Direct Care Manager for support group updates.
6. Connect with the Hospitality Specialist to ensure accurate cupcakes & snacks for groups.
7. Attend all client events, providing support and expertise.
8. Connect with support group team members monthly via Podio and team meetings.
9. Fill out 15five report weekly.
10. Commit to 10 hours per week of concentrated work in your role.
11. Log office hours and track team office hours in Podio.
12. Attend scheduled specialist meetings.
13. Connect biweekly with the Support Group Specialist in your sister city.
Qualifications Degree in social work, therapy, or related counseling field required Familiar with crisis-management techniques Administrative skills Articulate Excellent communication Organized Self-starter Committed to the message of The Cupcake Girls Exhibits The Cupcake Girls core values: love without agenda, invite innovation, act with integrity, engage with humility, and pursue holistic balance.
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training