Financial Coach - Hillsborough County
37 people are interested
The United Way Suncoast Financial Coaching Program trains volunteers and matches them with low to moderate income and/or economically disadvantaged individuals who have a desire to improve their financial situation. You will work one-on-one with clients to provide resources and tools and start an action plan toward the client's financial goals: creating a budget, eliminating debt, increasing credit awareness, establishing a plan for college or retirement, research local resources, and so much more! You will serve as an accountability partner and source of encouragement toward the ultimate goal - financial stability.
SCHEDULE VARIES: coaches are needed for daytime, evening and weekend hours.
1) Host "walk-in" coaching hours at a community site - Coach various individuals who want access to one-time sessions that provide information/resources on specific topics - Possibility to provide long-term coaching if they wish to continue.
2) Await for partner organization referral or client to directly seek out coaching opportunity - Coach the same individual who wants to schedule regular sessions (once or twice per month) that track and stimulate progress toward financial goals.
Background in financial education and coaching techniques welcomed. Should have basic understanding of concepts surrounding budgeting, saving, banking, credit/debt management. Volunteer does not need to be an expert, but must be prepared to acquire knowledge as needed. English and Bi-Lingual Spanish speaking volunteers needed.
We'll work with your schedule.
5201 West Kennedy BlvdSuite 600Tampa, FL 33609
- Financial Planning
- Financial Literacy
- Financial Service Assistance
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 4-hr training. Meeting schedule varies/flexible but approximately 1 hour/month for 6 months.
- Compassion; sensitivity; patience; mindful attitude & speech; understanding of different perspective, cultures, and values. Non-combative & non-judgmental.