At Saturday Academy, we create life-long learners. We do this by fostering curiosity in youth and connecting them with real-life experts. We believe in deep learning opportunities that allow students to follow their own interests and go beyond the boundaries of the traditional school room. We want all children to reach their full potential, become STEM confident, and master skills that will help them today and in the future.
SA2U, Saturday Academy's premier school-based program, serves Title I schools in the Portland metropolitan area. Without our classes, underserved students in these schools would not otherwise get exposure to career paths, STEM knowledge, and vital critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
We would love for you to join us as an instructor! We are currently recruiting for people with expertise in math, computer programming, and STEM expertise. Does this opportunity make sense for you?
Are you a fan of:
- Providing a love of learning in kids grades 2 - 12
- Freedom of creativity to create your own teaching curriculum, within the Saturday Academy philosophy
- The joy of discovery and making learning fun
- Receiving a $30 per contact hour honorarium
Do you have:
- An advanced degree, such as a Master's or Ph.D OR
- Extensive experience in a STEM field or similar
Are you available:
- For a 6-month commitment
- During the weekdays
If so, contact us today to start making an impact in the life of a child!
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Average of one 3-hour day for 4 weeks
- Must be open to making a 6-month or more time commitment to give continuity to the children