PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To serve as the team leader who is responsible for managing community outreach efforts for the Humane Society of Rome (HSR). To work cohesively with both the fundraising department and the shelter manager, to ensure overall coordination of all community and special events . Support the mission of HSR.
- Coordinate Pet of the Week promotions.
- Develop and coordinate promotions for adoptable animals at HSR.
- Develop, coordinate, and manage community outreach efforts including but not limited to fundraisers with local businesses, adoption weekends at local pet partners and Farmer’s Market and offsite partners.
- Maintain positive communication with HSR members and donors, public officials, related organizations, and the general public to promote HSR goals, programs, and activities.
- Coordinate with Development efforts to ensure cohesive overall outreach and development.
- Regularly attend or schedule volunteers to attend events and maintain memberships in organizations to foster positive relations between the community and HSR(ie. Rotary, Chamber).
- Assist with developing copy for newsletters.
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10 Hours/Week