Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Agape Clinic Dallas.
Volunteer Position Requirements:
NRCMA, LBSW, LMSW, LCSW, LVN, RN license is preferred.
Computer skills are required.
Experience is highly preferred. But we are going to train you.
Spanish Speaking is really preferred.
Volunteer Position Summary:
Our organization is looking for a volunteer with some healthcare experience as either an CMA, LVN, or RN to assist with Case Management, Care Coordination, Patient Referrals, Wellness Calls, etc.
The Patient Care Coordinator is a clinical team support role that facilitates care management. The Patient Care Coordinator provides care navigation through daily triage and follows up with referral sources, patients, clinicians, and clinical leaders.
* Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers and patients.
* Triages incoming communication during workday hours for the geographic team/region and follows up with physicians, RN Case Managers and other members of the team to facilitate appropriate service provision and follow up.
* Assists in document control processes, including but not limited to, clinical review of Face to Face documentation and physician orders, authorization/reauthorization assessments requiring clinical follow up. Reports problems immediately to the Clinical Managers.
* Directs incoming communications and inquiries to the most appropriate level of service and ensures a seamless hand off that promotes a superior customer experience and supports the field staff in the provision of primary case management.
* Provides assistance to clinical staff in follow up communication with MD offices and referral sources as applicable.
* Works in collaboration with the Clinical Managers to assure appropriate resource utilization.
* Provide clinical supervision and sign off on clinical documents such as MD orders, plan of care.
* Participates in interdisciplinary team conferences as appropriate.
* Works with clinical staff to build clinical skill and manage caseloads. Provides one on one education with clinical staff - carrying out educational standards, and clinical programming.
* Works collaboratively with all team members, and office support staff to coordinate patient care utilizing community resources as needed
* Participates in and/or implements agency and/or health system initiatives to promote effective management of patients being served
* Follows agency policy and procedures and adheres to standards of practice within agency guidelines
* Administers direct care within the regulated scope of practice and per registered nurse case manager job description
* Acts as an Advisor to Clinical staff.
* Performs other duties as may be required or assigned
- Case Work / Management
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training