Volunteer Position Description:
Left Forum is looking for volunteers who have experience and interest in graphic design. We seek creative, skilled individuals interested in helping design featured graphics, flyers, banner ads, website graphics and content, and conference and event program guides as well as possibly helping to design imagery for merchandise. Left Forum engages hundreds of artists every year who bring their ideas and work to share with thousands of other conference and event participants. This volunteer opportunity taps into this and other creative communities of the graphic arts, and engages the artistry of editing and content production.
We’re a small organization with a dedicated group of organizers, staff and volunteers with a passion for social justice, community organizing, and progressive change. Located in the CUNY Graduate Center, you’ll be working in an interesting (and very relaxed) office where you’ll interact, meet, and learn from scholars, activists, authors and artists in a rewarding intellectual political milieu.
* Help design brand images and a logo
* Design posters, flyers, banner ads, website graphics and more.
* Help design and brainstorm web content and layout, social media content, press-media content, and all Public Relations content
* Help produce the conference program guide utilizing InDesign * Long term possibilities of web design or graphic design projects
* Help design and collect "lefty" images, memes, etc. (with a focus on various content areas such as: environment, labor, feminism, LGBTQ issues, race and class, etc.) for use on social media, email blast communications, website, and merchandise.
Background and Desired Experience
* Experience with InDesign, Illustrator Photoshop, and other design and publishing software (for Graphic Designers and Editors), html knowledge preferred
* High level of attention to detail and seeing projects through to their completion
* Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously
* Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team
* Interest in grassroots organizing and social justice
This specific volunteer position, while could benefit from in office time and brainstorm, can be carried out in large part, remotely. We also ask for a minimum of a three month commitment though this would ideally be a position that would last through the conference (which will be June 2 - 4, 2017) as projects will certainly arise on a rolling basis from now until then. This volunteer opportunity can begin immediately.
If interested or if you have any questions please email:
- Graphic Design
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2-5 hours/week
- Ongoing Project Commitment