Volunteers will assist in teaching IT Careers, one of the four tech-focused courses offered at RETC every Saturday. This course covers both computer hardware and software topics as laid out in the industry standard CompTIA A+ certification curriculum. It includes both classroom and laboratory components. Students who successfully complete this course will be prepared to take the A+ certification exam. Successful students will be highly employable in the IT field as an IT Helpdesk or Jr. Systems Administrator.
- Answer questions from students.
- Promote a productive classroom dynamic by managing potentially disruptive behavior.
- Help with setup and/or cleanup as necessary.
- Familiarity with the CompTIA A+ curriculum preferred
- Comfortable working with students aged 18 and above
- Verbal communication skills
- Cultural sensitivity
- Foreign language skills are not required but are helpful
Two hours each Saturday from 4pm - 6pm.
The volunteer will have the opportunity to learn more about refugees and skills such as classroom management, public speaking, and presentation. Volunteers will also have the chance to network with other professionals in various tech-related fields from different companies, such as Goldman Sachs.
- The amount of material each student completes.
- The number of students who pass the CompTIA A+ certification exam.
- IT Management
- IT Help Desk
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Saturdays from 4-6 pm