The Volunteer Office Assistant should have professional or volunteer experience in the following areas:
- Excellent communication skills in-person and on the phone
- Proficiency in Word and Excel: proficient in developing and maintaining databases; ability to create and manipulate spreadsheets; perform mail merges
- Good organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Able to manage a project with goals and deadlines.
- Excellent writing skills
If you do not already have the technical qualifications but have the desire to learn, no formal training will be provided but, we can teach you the skills so you can be successful.
Volunteers should bring a passion for working with families and youth affected by emotional, mental and substance abuse issues.
Most office volunteers will be working during regular business hours M-F 9:00am-5:00pm with a minimum of a 3 hour shift.
Some tasks may have very short deadlines while other duties may provide more flexibility.
Volunteers may be able to create a schedule so tasks are completed on time with a schedule that works for them.
Special events and projects may include evenings or weekends.
The Office Assistant Volunteer will work directly with the Office and Volunteer Coordinator on a variety of tasks.
All volunteers must fill out a GPS Volunteer Application and pass a background check prior to any duties.
If you enjoy working in an office environment with positive people, your volunteer time would only increase our ability to make a real difference in the community and in the lives of those we serve.
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 3 hours per shift