The winter season can be especially difficult for families living in poverty. It can be easy for parents feel pressure to create a festive atmosphere while struggling to meet basic needs.
The YWCA Adopt-a-Family program helps bridge the gap - it's a fun and meaningful way to get into the holiday spirit while helping families in need. Families are adopted by generous donors who purchase gifts for each child. Donors then drop all the gifts off during our designated drop-off dates and times.
We are in need of Adopt-A-Family Elves to act as YWCA ambassadors and enthusiastically accept holiday donations in an organized and safe manner. You will assist donors in bringing gifts from cars to the gift room as needed. You will be trained on YWCA procedures to enthusiastically check-in donations, thank donors, and organize donations by destination location.
This is a great opportunity for groups!
- Minimum age is 12 years old (If under 18, you must be accompanied by an adult.)
- Willingness to commit to at least one 4-hour shift
- Comfortable with frequent bending and lifting of 10-25 lbs.
- Organized and outgoing
- Volunteer must comfortable with greeting and thanking people
- Ability to be calm and upbeat in busy, hectic situations that can occur during drop-offs
- Ability to follow YWCA procedures and work as a team
What to Wear:
- Close-toed, flat comfortable shoes that provide safe footing on wet and dry surfaces are strongly recommended
- Festive holiday attire encouraged
- Be sure to dress warmly! We are going to be working both indoors and outdoors.
- Each shift begins with training on purpose, proper lifting, and YWCA procedures for accepting donations
- Volunteers can check-in anytime with the Lead Holiday Donation Helper or YWCA supervisor
- Snacks and water will be provided
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 12
- Join us for our youth summer...
- Provide Childcare for Women Who...
- Seeking new and used furniture...
- Seeking Towel Donations for YWCA...
- YWCA Childcare Help Needed
- Adopt A Unit - Ownership over...
- Immediate Need for Kids...
- Lead the homeless women at...
- Opportunity to gain...
- DV Support Group Childcare...
- YWCA Front Desk Volunteer position
- Urgent need! Volunteers for our...