At Alliance we believe in helping our new community members become self-sufficient and feel a part of our Houston community. Every day we provide comprehensive services such as ESL classes, job readiness workshops, financial advancement and much more! We want all refugees to have a smooth transition, succeed and take part in the "American Dream".
Our Preferred Community program is currently seeking a compassionate and dedicated volunteer to assist the program coordinator and case manager(s) with various administrative and direct service task such as:
- Providing as needed assistance in ESL Classes
- Translating during medical appointments
- Assisting during Home Visits
- Filing needed paperwork as needed
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication Skills (written & verbal)
- Some College
- Related work experience is a plus!
- Feel comfortable in a diverse setting
- Be 18+
- Attend one time AMCS Volunteer orientation
- Be bilingual in another language: ARABIC, FRENCH, PERSIAN ETC;
Time frame is flexible anytime between 9am-5pm M-F
- People Skills
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2x a week; anytime between 9am-5pm M-F
- General Volunteer Help Needed!
- Welcome Desk Volunteer
- Data Entry Volunteer
- Case Aid Volunteer
- Swahili Speaking Volunteer Wanted!
- Design for a Cause: Architect...
- Kijana Scholars after School Tutor
- Swahili speaking volunteers...
- Marketing Intern
- Child Care Attendant
- Donation Store Tenant
- General Preferred Community...