At Alliance we believe in helping our new community members become self-sufficient and feel a part of our Houston community. Every day we provide comprehensive services such as ESL classes, job readiness workshops, financial advancement and much more! We want all refugees to have a smooth transition, succeed and take part in the "American Dream".
Throughout the year Alliance receives various types of donations that contributes to helping Refugees become self- sufficient! Volunteers will be responsible for daily tasks related to customer service, donation processing, merchandising and restocking.
The Store Tenant shall:
- Sort items such a clothes, shoes, kitchen supplies, etc;
- Examine item(s) for imperfections
- Determine if item is worth keeping or not
- Organize item(s) by size or usage
- Value item(s) worth
- Maintain findings in inventory log
- Assist clients with selecting Items
- Communication Skills (written & verbal)
- Costumer Service skills
- H.S. Diploma/GED or Higher
- Previous retail experience is plus but not required!
- Feel comfortable in a diverse setting
- Be 18+
- Attend one time AMCS Volunteer orientation
- Must be able to commit to at least one shift per week.
- Tues-Thurs (9:30-3:00pm), for a minimum of 4 months.
- Start date TBA
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Retail / Sales
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Tues-Thurs (9:30-3:00pm), for a minimum of 4 month