Do you love planning events and all the details that come with executing an event and a team? Would you like to be part of an exciting event that helps support and raise funds for families and caregivers affected by Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia.
The Logistic team leader develops and executes specific logistic elements associated with event coordination of the Walk to End Alzheimer's. They handle all pre-event planning details and serve as the event day managers for one of the following areas: (1) Food and beverage (2) Entertainment (3) Walk Day Activities (4) Promise Garden Flowers (5) T-shirts (6) Registration (7) Volunteers (8) Walk route/parking (9) Event program and/or (10) Set-up/Clean-up.
- Attend and provide updates at walk committee meetings
- Understand critical onsite needs; meet with vendors prior to the event to assess space and develop a plan
- Prior to Walk Day, contact all walk day volunteers supporting the area and train them on the day-of role
- On Walk Day,manage walk day volunteers for the designated area. Help with set up and management of your respective area
- As the walk concludes, help assist in executing the cleanup plan
This position requires 1-2 hours a week, up until June, then 4 hours a week from June - September/October.
- Program Management
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- 2-4 hours a week.
- Enjoys working with others and has a good sense of humor!