Lend your marketing expertise to an all-volunteer non-profit organization helping the homeless in Los Angeles. The Giving Spirit, an all-volunteer non-profit organization, is seeking a Volunteer Director of Marketing and Communications to play a critical leadership role in managing and growing the TGS brand. We need a dynamic, motivated and experienced Director of Communications and marketing to oversee the strategy for all communications, website, public relations, and marketing collateral to consistently articulate and promote The Giving Spirit’s mission. The Director of Communications and Marketing is a strategic thinker who is excited to engage in both strategy and execution on an ongoing volunteer basis. Location is essentially virtual and hours are flexible to work with your schedule.
The director of marketing and communications will manage a group of volunteers and oversee our monthly marketing committee meetings. The Director of Marketing and Communications will work closely with our leadership team as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives, including volunteer and fundraising events, education programs and fundraising efforts.
- Work closely with Founder & Chairman in developing innovative marketing, brand, and communications strategies to elevate and expand TGS to new levels of impact and performance
- Evolve and strengthen TGS’s brand and brand strategy, brand essences, and key visual and communication elements to guarantee highest alignment with TGS’s vision, purpose, values, and strategy
- Manage and communicate with all marketing volunteers overseeing all communication in the areas of content development, messaging strategy, visual identity, engagement, and analytics to grow TGS’s online/offline presence
- Coordinate and organize monthly marketing committee meetings
- Lead the generation of online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action including website, email campaigns, social media and PR.
- Manage development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, annual report, e-newsletters, and the TGS website
- Oversee all marketing and communication touchpoints for TGS Outreach events and fundraisers
- Help grow and expand the team and resources when appropriate
Email email@example.com to volunteer or for more information
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 1-10 hours
- Host one monthly on-site committee meeting in Brentwood