For over 20 years, Circle of Peace School (COPS) in Makindye, Uganda, has provided a learning experience for about 200 underprivileged boys and girls from preschool through grade sevenin Uganda who would otherwise not receive an education.
Students live in a safe and nurturing environment where they can realize their full potential and develop as people who experience human rights and fundamental freedoms. Classes are taught in English. Circle of Peace School serves children of all faiths; both Christian and Muslim students attend.
Orphans and underprivileged students reside in a boys’ dormitory and a girls’ dormitory on campus. The school provides for all their needs: housing, food, clothing, medical care and emotional support.
We are looking for someone passionate for education and children interested in giving support to these kids and school staff:
1. Assist teachers and staff with their command of the English language.
2. Engage with the whole staff in decision-making affecting the entire school.
3. Supervise children during recesses.
4. Assist children with age-specific needs (i.e., Pre-K children may need assistance with going to the toilet).
5. Meet with the Director and other teachers to troubleshoot and assess progress.
- Child Care
- Teaching / Instruction
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment