PROGRAM WRITER AND FUNDRAISING OFFICER
WhenThu May 12, 2016 09:00 AM - Sat May 06, 2017 05:00 PM
WhereKiloleli street Plot no. 314 Nyamanoro wardIlemela districtP.O.Box 5245 Bugando,MwanzaMwanza, Mwanza 255TZ
Job Title: Program writer and Fundraising Officer
Department: Programmes and Operations
Report to: Director of programmes and Operations
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To provide assistance to the head or the board of the organization in identifying donor resources, raising funds and writing proposals for long-term organizational sustainability. Also responsible for all outreach efforts and working with the program/ project coordinator, finance Officer, Research Officer and the team to coordinate project training, technical assistance and other projects/ program activities in an efficient and timely manner.
ESSENTAIL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advise and assist the Executive Director and all Program Directors in devising and implementing fundraising strategies for their programs and specific projects and review their implementation on a regular basis.
- Compile and maintain a database of international and local donor organizations (international foundations, bilateral and multilateral agencies and private corporations offering donations)
- Regularly monitor grant making websites and identify and inform donor opportunities matching the work of the organization.
- Maintain a website and regularly update it with information about organization’s work
- Assist the Director in writing concept notes, project ideas and project proposals and ensure their timely submission.
- Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources for long-term sustainability of the organization.
- Assist the Director in developing business plans to generate income from various sources.
- Undertake online research and build contacts with potential individual donors and raise funds for the activities of the organization.
- Maintain relationships with existing donors and respond to their requests regularly and keep updating them about the work of the organization.
- Improve and develop communications material for the organization such as brochure, website, annual report, DVD, poster etc.
- Organize or provide assistance in organizing any fundraising events for the organization.
- Suggest other innovative ideas for effective resource mobilization.
- Ensure that donor reports meet requirements and contracts and that they are of a high standard and submitted on time.
- Ensure that accurate and up-to-date information is maintained on all submissions, grant-funded projects and donors in relevant databases and filing systems.
- Keep the organization up-to-date on changing donor priorities and ensure that new funding opportunities are identified and shared with teams in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Communications Manager, the Executive Management Committee and others across the organization to increase our profile and enhance our reputation within the donor community.
- Resource Development / Management
- Program Management
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Deliver service within a time
- Proposal writing. (ii)Project design. (iii)Project monitoring and evaluation