MADRE LATINA INC
Madre Latina Inc.
232 North Elm Street,
Madre Latina is looking for an unpaid Outreach Intern who is interested in gaining experience working in social service settings dedicated to serving families.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Research and connect with organizations that serve Latinos in targeted communities and develop strategies for partnering with those organizations.
- Represent Madre Latina Inc., at community resource fairs to connect Latino Families
- Give presentations in English and/or in Spanish, to non-profit organizations, faith-based groups, unions, neighborhood associations, service providers, and others as identified.
- Record outreach activities throughout the internship to evaluate impact.
- Be a member of the story collection team to gather compelling stories from customers about how our services make a real difference.
- Other responsibilities to be arranged with supervisor based on intern interest.
- Assist with the translation of non-English marketing and outreach materials.
- Must to commit to at least 10 hours per week for 12 weeks
- Must learn Madre Latina Inc. Guidelines and Program Policy
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Must be able to operate a computer and telephone system (preferably PC & Mac)
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds
- Must be able to support the mission, purpose and guiding values of Madre Latina Inc. at all times
- Must be able to function both independently and on a team
- Must understand and maintain proper boundaries between staff and families
- Opportunity to develop professional developmental skills
- Opportunity to place this position on your Resume
- Possible Letter of recommendation
- Opportunity to gain experience and help existing grassroots organization
- Opportunity to complete your Internship hours
Please email you Resume to: email@example.com
About MADRE LATINA INC
PO BOX 3082, 232 N.Elm Street/4flo, WATERBURY, CT 06705, US
The mission of Madre Latina is to educate and empower generations of Latinas
MADRE LATINA INC.
Provide to generations of Latinas the tools necessary for personal and professional growth
We organize monthly meetings, personal mentoring, and connecting the women to the community and conferences
Enhance the presence of Latino's women by creating opportunities that inspire, connect and empower the lives by motivating them to growth