Become a community health educator with Oasis Healthy Habits for Adults. We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to teach one-hour health classes for older adults about healthy nutrition habits and low impact exercises. Classes take place during weekdays throughout the metro area. All class materials are provided along with training for facilitators. This program is sponsored by the Anthem Foundation.
These one-hour health classes are offered in the community to adults of all ages, specifically designed for older adults. Each class provides a healthy snack, a nutrition lesson and demonstrations of low impact exercises. Some examples of class topics include:
* The Skinny on Fat: Reducing Fat in Your Diet
* Eating the Rainbow: Love Your Colorful Fruits and Veggies
* Shake the Salt Habit: Limiting Salt in Your Diet
* How Sweet It Is: Limiting Sugar in Your Diet
* Eating Healthy on a Budget
Share your passion for healthy living with people in your community!
- Life Coaching
- People Skills
- Fitness Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training