The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Peninsula is an expanded learning time non-profit serving over 2300 K-12 students per year. Our mission is to provide the low-income youth of our community with the opportunities they need to achieve school success
We are currently seeking volunteers to support our Kindgergarten classrooms with their Power Hour and Blended Learning academic blocks in East Palo Alto, Menlo Park and Redwood City. Volunteers will work alongside BGCP staff to foster student intellectual and social growth.
- Be consistent in attendance
- Be flexible with students’ needs
- Work to ensure students understand concepts and complete homework assignments
- Ask leading questions & check for understanding
- Be respectful to students and staff
- Collaborate with staff to ensure student success
- Commit to 1 hour a week for a 10 week period
- Online application & background check
- Attend a one-time orientation
- Genuine interest in serving youth and closing the opportunity gap
If interested, apply online here: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?AP=1512340535
Questions? Contact email@example.com
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading Comprehension
- Reading / Writing
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour a week for 10 weeks
- TB test and background check
- Spanish-Speaking Tutors Needed...
- Volunteer Youth Academic Tutors...
- Data Entry Opportunity (Unpaid)
- Coach Youth Basketball!
- Volunteer Youth ESL/English...
- Volunteer with the Boys and...
- Spanish-speaking Tutors Needed
- Be a Running Buddy for Young...
- High School Summer Internship...
- Kindergarten Classroom Support
- Academic Youth Development...
- Help Kids with Homework!
- Bilingual Classroom Support...
- Tutor Elementary Math & Literacy...
- Reading Tutor at Boys and Girls...
- Youth Academic Tutors Needed
- Summer Internship at Boys &...
- Grant Writing and Research...
- Head Coach Needed for...
- Work with Kids! Summer...