The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Peninsula is an expanded learning time non-profit serving over 2300 K-12 students per year. Our mission is to provide the low-income youth of our community with the opportunities they need to achieve school success
We are currently seeking volunteers to support our Kindgergarten classrooms with their Power Hour and Blended Learning academic blocks in East Palo Alto, Menlo Park and Redwood City. Volunteers will work alongside BGCP staff to foster student intellectual and social growth.
- Be consistent in attendance
- Be flexible with students’ needs
- Work to ensure students understand concepts and complete homework assignments
- Ask leading questions & check for understanding
- Be respectful to students and staff
- Collaborate with staff to ensure student success
- Commit to 1 hour a week for a 10 week period
- Online application & background check
- Attend a one-time orientation
- Genuine interest in serving youth and closing the opportunity gap
If interested, apply online here: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?AP=1512340535
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading Comprehension
- Reading / Writing
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour a week for 10 weeks
- TB test and background check
- Spanish-Speaking Tutors Needed...
- Research and Evaluation Summer...
- Volunteer Youth Academic Tutors...
- "Book Nook" Reading Tutor
- Data Entry Opportunity (Unpaid)
- Marketing and Social Media...
- Coach Youth Basketball!
- Volunteer Youth ESL/English...
- Volunteer with the Boys and...
- Spanish-speaking Tutors Needed
- Be a Running Buddy for Young...
- High School Summer Internship...
- Kindergarten Classroom Support
- Academic Youth Development...
- Help Kids with Homework!
- Bilingual Classroom Support...
- Youth Academic Tutors Needed
- Grant Writing and Research...
- College Mentor for Boys and...
- Event Planning Summer Intern...