Mission: Transform Education in the Honduran Frontera (seven municipalities of the southern section of the Department of Intibucá, Honduras)
Strategy: Use educational technology as an intervention aimed at enhancing curriculum and pedagogy in area educational institutions at the primary and secondary level.
- Creation of a Honduran Core Team (HCT) of parents, educators, administrators, technicians and students committed to the mission of building excellence in education in the creation of CREE.
- The step level improvement in the educational outcome of children in the Frontera (seven municipalities of the southern section of the Department of Intibucá, Honduras) and improved development, recognition and morale among teachers.
- The establishment of a sustainable system of technologically based curriculum and pedagogy founded in CREE and the HCT.
- Promotion and development of the education mission in Honduras, the US, and internationally.
Role: Supervise, manage, and implement the mission strategy and goals while serving as a communications manager and bridge between Honduran project team, parents and other stakeholders.
- Develop implementation strategies and responsibilities under the direct supervision of the General Directors of Shoulder to Shoulder and in coordination with the partners of CREE.
- Supervise the implementation of technology and curriculum in area academic centers.
- Publish a monthly US facing status report.
- Assist HCT in obtaining education assessment tools and disseminating evaluation data.
- Track overall project progress and spending
- Insure that equipment tracking procedures and systems are implemented by HCT
- Coordinate and supervise outreach strategies to other municipalities
- Assist in grant writing and other support for equipment acquisition
- Proven communications skills
- A functional competency in verbal and written Spanish
- Basic computer technology competence (MS Office plus basic network knowledge)
- Familiarity with Android phone and/or tablet
- Room and Board (host family)
- Stipend: L. 4000 / month (about $175 / month)
- Reimbursement for expenses incurred as result of position
- Tremendous experience with satisfaction of service
- Child Development
- Network Administration
- Basic Computer Skills
- Youth Services
- General Education
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- No less than six months