Looking to make a difference? El Sol is looking for new AmeriCorps VISTA members! El Sol, Jupiter’s Resource Center is a wonderful place to gain knowledge and real-world experience.
The Worker Development Associate I (WDA)will work with the Worker Development Coordinator to increase workers' skills, making them eligible for higher paying jobs.
- Increasing workers' employability by developing training workshops that enhance workers' job skills.
- Developing new partnerships and cultivating existing partnerships with providers who offer vocational workshops at El Sol.
- Identifying market needs and coordinating appropriate workshops;
- Developing systems to accurately assess workers' skills
- Updating worker database so that it reflects new findings from worker skills assessment
- Recruiting and training volunteers to help coordinate vocational workshops
Requirements: University degree from accredited institution
Skills: Team Work, Leadership, Public Speaking, Fundraising/Grant Writing, Teaching/Tutoring, Writing/Editing, Education, Business/Entrepreneur, Recruitment
Benefits: Relocation Allowance, Health Coverage*, Training, Living Allowance, Stipend, Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend, Education award upon successful completion of service. *For details about AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit http://www.vistacampus.gov/healthcare
How to Apply: Apply through the AmeriCorps Portal and search for El Sol https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/search.do
For additional information contact Katerina Pecora at (561)745-9860 Ext 4104
- Adult Education
- Basic Computer Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Year long committment