Cornerstone Hospice & Palliative Care is offering volunteer opportunities for compassionate, empathetic Veterans who want to enhance their lives by giving their time to others in their community. As a fellow Veteran, your experience helps you uniquely relate to our Veteran patients and their families with your distinct culture and common experience.
Cornerstone Hospice honors the services of our Veteran patients through the 'Cornerstone SALUTES!’ program. We proudly conduct a tailor-made pinning ceremony for our Veteran patients and their family, which is performed by a Veteran volunteer. Each Veteran is presented with a special pin and certificate of appreciation. Veteran volunteers can also provide Veteran-to-Veteran companionship, and interviews for the Veterans History Project.
Things to know before you apply:
In order to ensure the highest quality of care for patients and families, there are state and federal regulations that mandate special requirements for hospice volunteers. We ask the following from anyone interested in volunteering:
* Attendance at all training sessions mandated for the type of volunteer work you want to do
* Completion of an interview and service placement meeting
* A commitment to volunteer for at least one year
* Completion of a fingerprint background check (scheduled and covered by Cornerstone Hospice)
* Completion of a two-step tuberculosis screening ("TST") for volunteers who will work with patients (administered and covered by Cornerstone Hospice)
If you would like more information on volunteering with Cornerstone Hospice, please call 407-748-6466 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Needed Veteran Volunteers to...
- Bereavement Volunteer...
- Veterans caring for Veterans
- Share your Love for Sewing
- Become a Life Enrichment Volunteer
- Bereavement Call Volunteer Needed
- Baby Boomer Volunteers Wanted
- Looking for volunteers to do...
- Pet Therapy/Companionship
- Pet Therapy Volunteer
- Would you like to give back by...
- We need you and your Fur Baby!
- Baby Boomers Needed in Osceola...
- Veterans Helping Veterans
- Do you love animals? Do you love...
- Massage Therapy, Art Therapy,...
- In Home Patient Companion...
- Cornerstone Hospice Musical...
- Volunteer Needed to Help Stock...
- Share your Skills as a Massage...