The Volunteer Care Specialist will report directly to the Special Events Manager and will work collaboratively with all of The Cupcake Girls departments. Specifically, this specialist is responsible for planning, preparing and providing all food items, including our signature cupcakes, for each client, donor, and volunteer event. S/he will manage each element of the baking/cooking process and is expected to consistently communicate with hospitality team members regarding dates of events and baking days.
Principal Responsibilities: 1. Plan and prepare our signature cupcakes for monthly club and brothel visits, support groups, and other events as needed.
2. Plan and prepare menus for special events, such as donor/volunteer bashes and client events.
3. Buy and restock all baking and food items.
4. Connect with Hospitality team members and baking/cooking schedule
5. Coordinate and schedule baking, frosting and any other cooking days, utilizing podio.
6. Connect with the Community Relations Specialist to provide cupcakes for partners and businesses as needed.
7. Manage food preparation and clean up for all events.
8. Connect with hospitality team members monthly via Podio and team meetings.
9. Fill out 15five report weekly.
10. Commit to 10 hours per week of concentrated work in your role.
11. Log office hours and track team office hours in Podio.
12. Attend scheduled specialist meetings.
13. Connect biweekly with the Hospitality Specialist in your sister city.
Qualifications Chef/baking experience required Works well under pressure Flexible Able to navigate stressful situations Budget conscious Detail oriented Organized Self-starter Committed to the message of The Cupcake Girls Exhibits The Cupcake Girls core values: love without agenda, invite innovation, act with integrity, engage with humility, and pursue holistic balance.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training