The Community Relations Specialist will report directly to the Operations Manager and will work collaboratively with all of The Cupcake Girls departments. Specifically, this specialist is responsible for connecting The Cupcake Girls to community resources, partners, professionals, corporate sponsors and more. S/he will be integral in maintaining relationships in the community for future benefit of the organization on the city level.
Principal Responsibilities 1. Find and attend 9 networking events and 2 booth events per quarter, keeping the City Director and President apprised of any high priority events they should attend.
2. Connect with the Special Events Manager to assess raffle/silent auction items needed for events.
3. Connect with the Direct Care Manager to assess current needs of clients and which partnerships to target in the community.
4. Connect with the VP of Development to determine corporate sponsor and donor targets per quarter.
5. Develop a follow-up strategy for all connections made at networking and booth events.
6. Schedule 9 meetings per quarter with potential community and business partners.
7. Develop a strategy for appreciating current community partners and corporate sponsors.
8. Solicit items to be donated (raffle, silent auction, office supplies, food items, etc.)
9. Connect with community relations team members monthly via Podio and team meetings.
10. Fill out 15five report weekly.
11. Commit to 10 hours per week of concentrated work in your role.
12. Log office hours and track team office hours in Podio.
13. Attend scheduled specialist meetings.
14. Connect biweekly with the Community Relations Specialist in your sister city.
Qualifications Comfortable cold calling businesses Articulate High relational skills Connected in the local community Research skills Self-starter Committed to the message of The Cupcake Girls Exhibits The Cupcake Girls core values: love without agenda, invite innovation, act with integrity, engage with humility, and pursue holistic balance.
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hr/week