Become a Wildlife Hospital Volunteer!!
Help wild animals recover from illness and injury! Lend your strength and energy to a wild animal’s recovery. Volunteers in this position work up close with wild animals and help provide the majority of care (including cage cleaning, dishes, food prep and more) for our wild patients. Our volunteers help keep our hospital facility functional and safe for everyone.
WildCare is a nonprofit nature education center and wildlife hospital in San Rafael. Every year we share the wonders of nature with more than 40,000 school children and treat nearly 4,000 wild patients in our wildlife hospital. Come be a part of this wonderful organization!
We are looking for volunteers who:
- Are team players
- Are willing to follow directions
- Will commit to working on site, 4 hours a week for 9 months
- Will do hard work
- Care about wildlife and the environment
- Are ages 15 or older
Volunteers at WildCare’s Wildlife Hospital will:
- Master new skills and gain new experiences
- Have the opportunity to care for nearly 200 species of animals
- Lend their expertise to an excellent cause
- Help protect wildlife and our environment
- Help staff and volunteers with problem solving
- Work with a fabulous team
- Build relationships
- Have the opportunity to take on leadership roles
Our annual volunteer orientation is coming up February 25 th from 12:45-5:00 pm. These will be the only Wildlife Hospital Volunteer orientations in 2018!
If this volunteer opportunity sounds interesting to you, register online today! Visit our website at discoverwildcare.org/volunteer for more details.
If you have any questions, please contact the Volunteer Services Director, Jessica Grace-Gallagher at email@example.com, or call 415-453-1000 ex 21!
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- at least 4 hours per week (scheduled shift)