Resounding Joy uses therapeutic and recreational music programs to improve the social, emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being of individuals and communities. Since its inception, Resounding Joy has provided music therapy and recreational music services to more than 85,000 children and adults in the greater San Diego region. Resounding Joy board-certified staff music therapists and volunteers deliver services through four major programs that target four distinct underserved populations:
Healing Notes» music therapy to support children in medical care
Mindful Music» recreational music to empower seniors
Semper Sound» music therapy to assist military rehabilitation
Sound Minds» music therapy to facilitate preschool development
The Resounding Joy vision is to expand international awareness and to increase access to the power of music for recreational and therapeutic purposes.
Volunteer Board Member
Resounding Joy seeks new Board Members who will:
- Passionately commit to our mission and goals
- Attend and participate in meetings and events
- Assist the board in carrying out its fiduciary responsibilities by reviewing financial statements
- Represent the organization in the community and serve as an advocate by promoting the program and services
- Contribute expertise, participate, and monitor the strategic planning process
- Serve on a committee and support a culture that encourages board members to ask questions and challenge assumptions.
- Develop funding support by commiting to an annual investment, identifying prospects, making introductions, stewarding donors, and articulating the case for support.
Estimated Time Required: Per year:4 events, 8 board meetings, and potential committee meetings. Additional time outside of events and meetings ranges, approximately 2-6 hours per month.
- Resource Development / Management
- Strategic Planning
- Capacity Planning
- Business Development
- Business Planning
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21