Emerald Isle Immigration Center
The Emerald Isle Immigration Center is a non-profit organization that serves the needs of the Queens and Bronx communities. We are pleased to have a staff team consisting of Immigration Counsellors, social workers and NY State Health Navigators and many more. We provide support to both Irish and American citizens and advise on immigration, housing, employment, education, health insurance and social services matters. We run a variety of classes and volunteering opportunities, including our Meals on Wheels program.
EIIC’s Meals on Wheels program provides daily meals to local seniors in the Bronx area who are unable to prepare meals for themselves due to an age related disability or illness. The meals are delivered daily by a group of dedicated volunteers. Not only do our local seniors enjoy the food they receive but they enjoy the social interaction with the volunteers, because for a lot of them - this is the only form of socializing they get.
We currently need drivers and non-drivers for our Meals on Wheels program.
What we need from you:
- · To be available to volunteer at least one morning per week, Monday to Friday from 9.30am until 12pm.
- · To have a clean record, we will run checks.
- · To be friendly, enthusiastic, approachable and have a desire to help seniors.
- · No experience is needed.
What will you get in return?
- · Training.
- · Extensive and rewarding experiences.
- · A glowing reference for future employment.
- · Any out of pocket expenses.
If interested, please give the Bronx office a call and speak to Keva on 718-324-3039 ext. 204 or our receptionist on ext 101.
- Elder care
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least one day per week (Mon-Fri) 9.30am - 12pm.
- We nee some volunteers with a driving licence although not everyone has to have one.