Family ACCESS of Newton is looking for a Communications & Marketing intern to assist with our Agency rebranding activities effective immediately.
The Intern will work 10-15 hours per week in a dedicated space at our West Newton, MA headquarters (although some hours may be done remotely). He/she will be responsible for a variety of tasks to connect our nonprofit agency to the public and the press. We are putting a large focus on developing our audience on social media and would like you to assist in these efforts. A successful candidate will be able to work independently on all projects and tasks throughout the day.
An ideal intern will be creative in developing worthwhile online content, finding appropriate information outlets and developing new strategies for outreach. Familiarity with Search Engine Optimization is a plus.
This is a great opportunity to develop your communication skills with a small team dedicated to the education of young children. Through hands-on learning and participation in committee meetings with volunteers with professional marketing experience you will develop important skills applicable to future communications work with organizations.
- Schedule social media posts for website-based blog, Facebook and Twitter
- Create social media campaigns to increase engagement with Family ACCESS
- Produce story ideas about Family ACCESS to feed social media campaigns
- Track and evaluate Google analytics to evaluate campaign effectiveness
- Update electronic and paper marketing materials
- Help with other tasks as needed
- May be receiving course credit, this is an unpaid internship without benefits
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to contribute to brainstorming sessions on new projects and events
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and online resources
- Experience with Adobe suite software a plus
Kindly visit our website www.familyaccess.org to learn more about our programs and services.
Please submit a resume, a writing sample and a cover letter outlining why this opportunity is a good fit for you.
Family ACCESS of Newton
492 Waltham Street, West Newton, MA 02465
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 10 to 15 hours per week