Kingdom Builder Family Life Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization committed to helping those in need in El Paso and Teller counties by providing physical, spiritual, and emotional support through a variety of educational, counseling, and outreach services. Help strengthen our non-profit organization by volunteering!
KBFLC welcomes the assistance of volunteers, and is actively seeking assistance in in several key areas:
- Data entry/General office help: Create a participant and volunteer database and keep it up to date, enter survey data and more. Working knowledge of a database program (preferably Microsoft Access) needed. Assistance with document creations, mailings, filing, copying/collating of materials, and the like. Some of this work can be done off-site. Time commitment is flexible.
- Communication/Marketing Specialist: Creation and management of print materials to include newsletters, brochures, annual reports, Media relations with television, radio and print advertising, Communications management as it relates to public relations, events communications and marketing, manages community and corporate relationships.
- Fundraising/Grant Writing Assistant : Identifying and developing fundraising opportunities (including requests for donations, special events, etc.), Identifying and researching potential grant opportunities, Writing, editing, and reviewing current or recent grants.
- Tutor/Mentors : will be positive role-models in an after-school tutoring/mentoring program for urban youth 11-17. Tutor/Mentors: will take an active role in improving the academic progress of urban students by working directly with youth (in small groups) and assisting staff in the facilitation of standards-based activities focused on reading, writing, math, physical education.
- Community Outreach/Special assignments : Lend your particular expertise to a variety of specialized initiatives including adding enhanced features and functionality to the organizations website; assisting with in-depth database design and improvement; Engage in varying outreach activities and community education. Possibilities include: tabling at events, neighborhood awareness campaigns, school based programs, create promotional material, assist with special events including Annual Events and other task needed; helping us research and analyze new programs to provide benefits to our programs; and much more!
Have an interest or expertise that you don't see here? Let us know what YOU can do!
Volunteering is a great way to learn more about non-profits while helping a great cause! Volunteers must provide contact information and references.
For more information, contact Lisa Jenkins at the at 719-464-6676 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Administrative Support
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- varies depending on position