Big Brothers Big Sisters offers three volunteer programs with varying levels of committment in the roanoke area! Change a child's life for the better,forever by developing a one-to-one mentoring relationship!
We offer three mentoring programs in Roanoke for you to choose from. Each program provides a different amount of commitment and flexibility. Additional descriptions of the programs are attached to this email.
- Oliver Hill Mentoring Program
- After school mentoring program held at the Oliver Hill House located at 401 Gilmer Avenue
- Visits are on a set day and time, Monday-Thursday between 5pm and 6pm, Bigs are still able to participate in community outings with their Little
- Commitment: One Year, one hour weekly. Age requirement to volunteer: 18
- School Based Program
- Volunteer spends one hour per week with a child during the regular school day (8:00 am to 2:00 pm) for one hour a week.
- Commitment: One school year, one hour weekly. Age Requirement to volunteer: 16
- Community Based Program
- Volunteer spends time with the child in the community doing a varitey of low cost/no cost activities!
- Committment: one year with a minimum of two visits per month.
- Age requirement to volunteer: 18
Becoming a Big not only changes a child’s life, it changes yours too. Our mentoring relationships are professionally supported and your Match Support Specialist will be there for you every step of the way. We will provide you with events to attend with your match as well as a list of things to do. Our agency offers you the opportunity to network and grow professionally with training and Bigs only events. Take the challenge and become a Big today!
- Child Development
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check