Alzheimer’s Association Connecticut Chapter Volunteer Opportunity, Silent & Live Auction Chair
Volunteer Job Description: Silent & Live Auction Committee Member, Celebrating Hope
Location: Fairfield County
Division/Department: Development / Special Events
Reports to: Tori Vigorito, Events Director
Event Specifics: Celebrating Hope is about creating an evening to inspire people to believe, hope, and help make a difference in the fight against Alzheimer’s disease. We are poised and ready to take our 5 th year to the next level.
The silent and live auction contributed over $50,000 to overall event growth last year. This year we want to refine the way we solicit items and introduce a new electronic bidding system.
General Committee Meetings: TBD - based on discussion with co-chairs and 2017 confirmed committee members
Planning timeframe: December - June 2017 (Event Date Friday, May 5th)
Auction Objective: A group of 10+ volunteers to solicit, secure and package silent auction items (~50 packages, ~150 items).
Guests: 500 guests
Awareness: Spread awareness of the disease statistics and the Alzheimer’s Association.
Committee Role Opportunities
Strategic Package Creator
- Write auction package ideas
- List specific items to request (to be distributed to our auction solicitors)
- Collaborate with event co-chairs and Tori Vigorito to ensure alignment with overall staff objectives
- We are looking to create around 40 packages total with assistance from committee and staff.
- Contact list of auction item donors and request support for our 2017 event (Forms provided)
- Follow up with donor to help secure the item and work with auction chair to determine where to keep the items
- Thank donor for their support
- Keep records of everything confirmed, outstanding and collected in google drive.
Electronic Bidding Support
- Help record all auction items in the online electronic bidding system
- Work closely with 501 Auction
- Help write our package ideas into an appealing marketing pitch that can appear on the auction bid sheets
- Aiming to have 40 packages and signing up for this does not mean having to write them all!
Auction Road Warrior
- Help pick up auction items and drop off at designated location (location TBD)
- Timing: On and off between December and the end of April. Will likely ramp up the first two weeks of April
- Some auction solicitors may prefer to do the pick up
- Experience with project management (Ability to lead and delegate)
- Knowledge of Fairfield County
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Organized / Attention to timeline and details
- Ability to collaborate
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment