We are looking for qualified volunteers who will work remotely. Volunteers will have the opportunity to gain first-hand experience in writing and documentation. This is a unique opportunity to get practical experience working with a growing non-profit while helping to bridge the divide between Western and predominantly Muslim societies.
Writing and Documentation volunteers will have the opportunity to:
- Write documentations of the online platforms knowledgebase; including the users’ manuals, administrators’ manuals, and help tutorials.
- With guidance, architect the master knowledgebase of the organization’s online resources
- Transform the different users’ experience of the online services into written manuals
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format or content.
- Collaborate with the developers, designers, staff, and contractors to develop a multimedia-rich documentations in various format
- Assist the designer and developer in producing a multimedia-based content such as infographics, interactive multimedia, and video production.
- A degree in Technical Writing, Professional Writing, English, Technical Communications, or a related field.
- Exceptional written communication skills and strong verbal communication skills
- Experience writing structured documentation
- Able to take complex concepts and procedures, and make them clear and obtainable to end-users with varying degrees of ability
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and a demonstrated writing ability
- Intermediate computer abilities; some familiarity with utilizing the Internet for research and use of web applications such as Drupal is required
- Literacy / Reading
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- 15 - 20 hours per week