Is housing too expensive in your community?
We are calling all Eastsiders who want to be a part of the solution! Do you think the Eastside can do more to respond to the housing and homelessness crisis? Do you believe everyone deserves access to a safe, healthy, affordable home? Have you experienced housing instability or homelessness yourself? We invite you to join our advocate base of Eastside residents who support affordable housing in their communities. Participation can be tailored to your interests and availability.
This role is critical to our organization being able to build more homes and serve more people. It is designed for volunteers who may not have a lot of time to commit to attending meetings during the workday or being in a leadership role.
Imagine Housing will send you opportunities via email to take action, which may include:
- Calling or emailing your state or local elected officials
- Attending evening City and County council meetings, and, if you're comfortable, speaking at them
- Participating in social media advocacy
- Or even traveling to Olympia to show support for state housing investments and protections for low-income renters
Our ultimate goal is to build more affordable housing and help end the housing and homelessness crisis in King County. We believe no one should have to wait for a safe, healthy, affordable home.
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Prefer people who live, work, or spend time on the Eastside of King County, WA