Horse Leader is a person who is responsible for leading the horse and/or assisting the rider in controlling the horse. Qualifications for a Horse Leader are:
- Horse experience -- volunteer should be knowledgeable and comfortable around a variety of horses and have experience working directly with horses or have attended a Leader Training session at Heaven's Gait.
- Able to walk and periodically jog for up to an hour on uneven surfaces
- Abel to work as a team and be flexible to changes
- Minimum age of 16 years
- Able to attend initial volunteer training and additional leader training throughout the year.
- People Skills
- Animal Care / Handling
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 30 minutes-4 hours depending on your availability
- Must wear close toed shoes and be able to walk in arena footing for 30 minute increments.