Resources and Outreach for Liberia (ROL) is a registered nonprofit organization based in the U.S. and Liberia. The goal of ROL is to bridge the gap between Liberia's underserved girls and women to first world education and resources through our program, Project READ (Restoration Education Arts Development). For the last year, Project READ has acquired over 100,000 books and supplies with a goal of opening a female-run library cafe and drop-in center in Liberia, a safe place for girls to learn, explore, network, and work. Project READ will be a safe haven from Liberia's high rate of gender-based violence and an opportunity to explore new worlds through books. There are no public libraries and absolutely no safe spaces for girls in Liberia, so this program is novel.
In order to help fund Project READ's endeavors, Sang Kromah, ROL's Executive Director started a global social change initiative, Project GirlSpire, an online media platform that allows the stories of girls and women to be told, their imaginations to run loose, their voices to be heard, their interests to be discussed and encourage them to be the truest versions of themselves. We’re informative, raw, accepting, creative, and original.
Project GirlSpire wants to begin manufacturing ethically produced book-related products (book bags, book marks, tablet cases, etc.) as well as selected fashion items for girls or women. The items will be produced by Liberian girls, who will be trained and subsequently employed to produce these items, which will be sold through Project GirlSpire's new site.
We are currently looking for a Development Event Intern to plan special events (pop up shops, restaurant nights, networking mixers, brunches), including all planning, fundraising activities, strategies, promotions, manage social media, and more.
- Schedule and maintain communication with speakers, vendors, sponsors, and participants
- Writing press releases and liaising with press and media
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines
- Maintain database of event participants, donors, and committee members
- Create, review, and analyze all event evaluations
- Attain and manage all sponsorships for events
- Manage budgets for all events...
Please visit our websites and email Sang at email@example.com, pitching some ideas about events and programs.
- Event Planning / Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment