Inspire girls to be joyful, healthy, and confident. Start a Girls on the Run team in your neighborhood!
Girls on the Run is a 501(c)3 physical activity-based positive youth development program dedicated to creating a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams. Girls learn their worth comes from within, that healthy relationships matter and that they can be a force for good in their community through a fun, experience based curriculum that creatively integrates running.
Meeting twice a week in small teams, volunteer coaches teach 3rd-8th grade girls important life skills through engaging lessons and fun movement activities. Throughout the 10-week program, girls discuss important topics such as self-care, developing a support system, and impacting their community. At the end of each season, all of our teams come together and complete our one-of-a-kind, celebratory 5k!
Each year, GOTRSD is committed to expanding our program so that more girls in San Diego County have the opportunity to reach their limitless potential. Teams can meet at a school, park, church, or other community location.
READY TO GET STARTED? Here's what you'll need:
- A SITE LIAISON who can manage the GOTR site. The Site Liaison is a link betwen girls, coaches, parents, and council.
- Between 4-7 COACHES to lead the team. Volunteer Coaches must be over 18 years old, clear a background check, and commit to coaching once per week over 10 weeks.
- A safe OUTDOOR SPACE, like a field or track for girls to run and an indoor space to meet on rainy days.
- PRINCIPAL/SITE DIRECTOR APPROVAL, if at a school or community center.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, please visit www.gotrsd.org/Start-Site.
FOR A SITE APPLICATION or QUESTIONS, contact email@example.com
- Program Management
- Physical Education
- Sports Coaching
- Fitness Instruction
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Twice weekly for 75 minute practices over 10.5 wks
- Help recruit 3-5 additional coaches to lead team