If you have any interest in science, robotics, 3D printing, and/or coding, this is for you!
We are looking for volunteers to help conduct a variety of fun and exciting experiments, print objects with a 3D printer, and teach our students how to build a functional robot!
Also, using a computer coding program called, "Scratch," volunteers will teach students to think creatively, work collaboratively, and reason systematically. Students will be able to share interactive media such as stories, games, and animation.
Reed Elementary in Tacoma, WA is seeking enthusiastic volunteers who enjoy working with elementary-aged youth in our after school science program!
The after school science program currently has 15 students enrolled, but with a committed volunteer (or two!), we could expand the enrollment to 20-30 students.
Students in our science program are 2nd-5th grade. Science occurs every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 3:30 - 5:15pm.
Our Spring Session will begin on Monday, April 10th and will go until Thursday, June 1st.
The daily schedule is as follows:
3:30 - 3:45 - Welcoming activity/Q&A
3:45 - 3:55 - Snack time
4:00 - 4:45 - Activity - Young Authors
4:45 - 5:15 - Academic enrichment and mentoring
In order to volunteer, all we ask is that you come to the main office and complete a volunteer packet. Once approved, we would love to have you working with our students!!!
- Math / Science Instruction
- Basic Computer Skills
- Computer Science
- Environmental Science
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 3:30 - 5:15 pm (1 hr. 45 min.) timeframe desired
- 1 hour minimum per week desired
- Chess Lovers Wanted!
- Science, 3D Printing, Robotics,...
- Elementary School Computer...
- Be a reading buddy for local...
- Volunteers wanted for exciting...
- Elementary School Volleyball...
- Volunteers Wanted for YWCA Kids...
- Elementary School Track and...
- Young Authors - Help Students...
- Are You A Math Whiz? Help...
- Dance Instructors/Musicians...