If you have any interest in science, robotics, 3D printing, and/or coding, this is for you!
We are looking for volunteers to help conduct a variety of fun and exciting experiments, print objects with a 3D printer, and teach our students how to build a functional robot!
Also, using a computer coding program called, "Scratch," volunteers will teach students to think creatively, work collaboratively, and reason systematically. Students will be able to share interactive media such as stories, games, and animation.
Reed Elementary in Tacoma, WA is seeking enthusiastic volunteers who enjoy working with elementary-aged youth in our after school science program!
The after school science program currently has 12 students enrolled, but with a committed volunteer (or two!), we could expand the enrollment to 20-30 students.
Students in our science program are 2nd-5th grade. Science occurs every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 3:30 - 5:15pm.
Our Winter Session will begin on Monday, January 9th and will go until Thursday, March 30th.
The daily schedule is as follows:
3:30 - 3:45 snack-time
3:45 - 4:45 Science, 3D Printing, Robotics, and/or Coding
4:45 - 5:15 academic enrichment and mentoring
In order to volunteer, all we ask is that you come to the main office and complete a volunteer packet. Once approved, we would love to have you working with our students!!!
- Math / Science Instruction
- Basic Computer Skills
- Computer Science
- Environmental Science
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 3:30 - 5:15 pm (1 hr. 45 min.) timeframe desired
- 1 hour minimum per week desired
- Chess Lovers Wanted!
- Science, 3D Printing, Robotics,...
- Be a reading buddy for local...
- Nature Lovers - Help Elementary...
- Help an autistic student succeed...
- Make Art With Elementary...
- Art, Gardening, Science, Soccer,...
- Young Authors - Help Students...
- Are You A Math Whiz? Help...
- Dance Instructors/Musicians...