Are you a writer passionate about the arts and helping others?
Then you might be the perfect candidate for A Free Bird’s writing department!
A Free Bird is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to helping young artist affected by cancer through the therapeutic benefits of the arts. We are currently seeking talented writers to assist us in the development of content for our inspirational stories, artists that support artists, news, and world news segments of our blog.
- Research to aid in the creation of stories
- Contact and interview potential subjects for stories
- Produce original and enticing copy
- Ensure deadlines are met promptly
Requirements & Skill Set:
- Must be a recent graduate or currently pursuing a major in English, Communications, Journalism, or related fields.
- Must be a motivated self-starter
- Must possess superior written and verbal communication skills
- Previous journalism/blogging experience is preferred- A strong interest in the arts, children, cancer research, and/or non-profit related work is a plus!
- Reading / Writing
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2-3 months
- Graphic Designer-Magazine
- Children Programs Coordinator
- Volunteer Lawyer!
- VP of Marketing
- Programs Assistant
- Get Excited Coordinator Volunteer
- Give Arts Coordinator Volunteer
- Administration Volunteer
- Sponsor a Child Coordinator...
- Volunteer Violin Tutor
- Fundraising Intern
- Graphic Designer Volunteer!
- Fundraising Assistant
- Marketing Volunteer
- Volunteer Producer!
- Magazine Editor
- Volunteer Patent Lawyer
- Fundraising Assistant Volunteer
- Marketing Coordinator Volunteer
- PR Social Media Coordinator