About the YWCA Kids Club: Children’s Advocates plan and lead groups, events, and field trips to support children/youth in building skills for relieving stress, self-regulating, developing self-identity, fostering peer-connections, and building healthy relationships.
Reed Elementary in Tacoma, WA is seeking enthusiastic volunteers who enjoy working with elementary-aged youth in our after school Kids Club program!
The program is meant for 20 students but we could expand enrollment to 25 with a committed volunteer or two!
Students in our Kids Club program are 2nd-5th grade. Kids Club occurs every Monday from 3:30 - 5:15pm.
Our Spring Session will begin on Monday, April 10th and will go until Thursday, June 1st.
The daily schedule is as follows:
3:30 - 3:45 - Welcoming activity/Q&A
3:45 - 3:55 - Snack time
4:00 - 4:45 - Activity - Kids Club
4:45 - 5:15 - Academic enrichment and mentoring
In order to volunteer, all we ask is that you come to the main office and complete a volunteer packet. Once approved, we would love to have you working with our students!!!
- Visual Arts
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 3:30 - 5:15 pm (1 hr. 45 min.) timeframe desired
- 1 hour minimum per week desired
- Chess Lovers Wanted!
- Science, 3D Printing, Robotics,...
- Elementary School Computer...
- Be a reading buddy for local...
- Elementary School Volleyball...
- Volunteers Wanted for YWCA Kids...
- Elementary School Track and...
- Young Authors - Help Students...
- Dance Instructors/Musicians...
- Are You A Math Whiz? Help...