RMCA Board Member Job Description
Office: Board Member
Term: 3 years for a maximum of 2 consecutive terms
Time Required on an Annual Basis: * Attend monthly Board of Directors meetings
* Participation in preparation and planning
* Participation on at least one board
committee (if additional committees are
formed as part of strategic planning process)
* Participation in fundraising events and
attending organizational activities within the
Key Board Member Responsibilities:
Advancing the RMCA Mission
* The RMCA Board of Directors holds the ultimate responsibility for ensuring that RMCA is
achieving its charitable mission and using charitable resources according to legal and ethical
* Actively promote the RMCA programs and services among the community and constituencies
* Maintain an accurate working knowledge of RMCA’s activities.
* Ensure that you understand your legal obligations and ethical duties to the organization, including
the duties of care, loyalty, and obedience.
* Review and understand the organization’s financial statements on a monthly basis.
* Review the organization’s audit on an annual basis.
* Ask questions about the organization’s financial statements, financial management practices, and
organizational activities when you believe that you need more information to make sound
decisions on behalf of the organization.
* Understand and adhere to the organization’s conflict of interest and confidentiality policies.
* Participate in fund-raising for the organization. This includes
a. Attending at least half of the organization’s fundraising events.
b. Personally supporting organizational fundraising activities in at least two ways per year.
c. Making a personally significant annual financial gift to the organization.
* Attend at least 85% board meetings and other important board-related meetings.
* Attend as a paying guest to at least half of RMCA’s fundraising and community activities each
* Volunteer for and willingly accept assignments and complete them thoroughly and on time.
* Serve as a member of at least one committee.
* Stay informed about Board matters, be well prepared for meetings, review and comment on
minutes and reports.
* Get to know other Board members and build a collegial working relationship that contributes to
* Become an active participant in the Board’s annual evaluation and planning efforts.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 8 hours monthly