Volunteer Reports to: Cecilia Garcia, Administrative Assistant
Summary: This position helps to extend our resources. Volunteers assit with a variety of projects including, but not limited to, maintenance/light cleaning/organization of office space; stuffing & stamping envelopes for donor thank you letters; making posters and signs for upcoming events/actions; answering phones; filing; data entry; organizing and restocking merchandise; Other duties specifically around coordination of special events.
- Must present a professional appearance and a friendly manner.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Must be courteous and personable when dealing with the public and staff.
- Be self-directed, willing to take initiative, and detail-oriented
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of Sierra Club Michigan volunteers, partners, and donors.
- Computer skills are desired, but not necessary.
Training & Supervision:
- Attends general volunteer orientation ?
- Completes office orientation which includes training on the following items:
- Phone System Tutorial
- Database Tutorial
- Filing System
- Training and supervision conducted by: Cecilia Garcia
Volunteer Office Assistant Benefits :
- Knowledge that you are working as a team to ensure that office functions run smoothly.
- Work experience.
- Free parking
- Free refreshments!
- We can’t do it without you! Thank you for being part of our team.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- based on volunteer availability
- Great Lakes Committee assistant
- Internship Coordinator
- In-district Meetings with Local...
- Conservation Committee assistant
- Fundraising assistant
- Executive Committee Member...
- Sierra Club booth at Ann Arbor...
- General office help-Lansing
- Environmental Education...
- Energy campaigns assistant
- Sustainable Agriculture Campaign...
- Development vs environment...
- Gas & Oil extraction research...
- Outings Leader
- 50th Anniversary Committee
- Communications Committee assistant
- Political Committee Members