Government Relations Liaison
We are seeking a Government Relations Liaison. As the Government Relations Liaison, you will work directly with the Founder to research and cultivate relationships with staff and interns on Capitol Hill and the Federal Government. You will also assist in organizing the Liberty and Access Lab events. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly organized and motivated individual to develop skills in nonprofit work.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter telling us why you would like to volunteer with Liberty and Access for All. Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Government Relations Liaison you will:
- Work with our lists to outreach to organizations and Hill offices.
- Participate in client calls, client launch meetings and daily project status meetings.
- Research prospective organizations, develop and maintain.
- Recruit students, Capitol Hill staff and government staff to attend our programing.
- Work with other staff and interns.
- Research demographic data and compile survey data that will be included in blogs, and report.
- Receive a $200 stipend for transportation
Were looking for someone who:
- Is a student seeking a bachelor's or Master's degree. We're also open to new grads looking for work experience.
- Is comfortable using the phone
- Works well with tight deadlines and keeps a cool head under pressure.
- Has their own Laptop.
- Possess high level of organizational skills and be detail oriented
- Possess solid oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Docs
- Has the ability to multitask and develop multiple projects and tasks.
- Has great time management skills.
- Works well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Lives in the metro accessible DMV area
- Is willing work 20 hours a week.
- Has a Resume and Cover letter
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 20 hours a week