The Website Assistant with support the Website Chair in maintaining and updating the website, as well as producing reports for the FoCL website. While this position is primarily completed virtually, excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required, as work will include collaboration with other Board of Directors committee members and Bookstore Supervisor. Macintosh Platform or Microsoft Office Suite acceptable. (Please note the website is in transition. If you visit our website before Dec 15, you will be viewing the "old" website.) Below is a list of skills and responsibilities that are included with the position:
- General understanding of web design and usability principles.
- Work closely with Website Chair with updates to website, completing delegated tasks.
- Ability to manage diverse and changing workload with competing priorities.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, being a proactive self-starter.
- Attend Board meetings and report on relevant tasks and progress when Website Chair is unable to attend.
- Interpersonal skills that allow for working supportively and patiently with others.
- Provide support for officers on delivery of relevant annual projects, campaigns, activities and events.
- Use data about how people are using the website to make recommendations for improvements.
- Regularly monitor website statistics and produce reports to identify areas that could be improved.
- Assist Members, Volunteers and other users with questions or technical problems.
- Advocate, encourage and support the use of the website and its online services
- Understanding and appreciation of the benefits of working in a volunteer-led environment.
- Minimum one-year commitment
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Donor Management
- Web Design
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- Minium 10 hours. Varies with different projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills