6 people are interested
The Programs Chair arranges for entertainers for an ongoing free, public, monthly program held at the Camarillo Library and sponsored by the Friends of the Camarillo Library. The majority of the work is done virtually, at a schedule that is convenient for the volunteer. However, the Programs Chair must be present at the programs, which are held the third Sunday of each month at 2 pm (except November and December). Backup can be provided on an occasional basis. Excellent interpersonal customer services are imperative, as the Programs Chair is the public face of FOCL at the monthly program. Being comfortable with public speaking and having problem-solving skills will ensure the programs are successful. Training will be provided.
- Locate, arrange, and coordinate for educational and informative speakers, authors, entertainers or other programs of interest to the community, differing the program monthly.
- Ensure the program costs are within the established budget.
- Coordinate invoicing and payments for the performances with our treasurer.
- Work closely with Publicity and Website Chairpersons and the Social Media Team to ensure timely advertisement of performances.
- Be familiar with lighting, sound, and stage set-up in the Camarillo Library Community Room to arrange for personalized performance needs.
- Oversee/preside over each Sunday program for its duration.
- Report on programs’ attendance, as well as pros and cons of performance, to the Board on a monthly basis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to quickly and effectively respond to issues and find resolutions to ensure a successful program.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, being a proactive self-starter.
The Program Chair is a voting member of the Board of Directors of the Friends of the Camarillo Library. As such, attendance is required at monthly board meetings. Board meetings are held on the 2nd Monday of the month at 1 pm (except for July and August).
Friends of the Camarillo Library Bookstore4101 Las Posas RoadCamarillo, CA 93010
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- Approx. 10 hours a month. Varies due to research process.
- Minimum two year commitment. This position is suited to someone who understands and appreciates the benefit of working for an all-volunteer organization.